Wax Seals - All You Need to Know
Wax seals are a beautiful and elegant touch that you can add to your wedding invitations - but did you know they can be added to other elements of your wedding day as well? Wax seals can be that timeless touch to a classic or traditional wedding, or a romantic element to your modern wedding. Whatever your wedding style - rustic, boho chic, traditional, elegant, classic, modern, or minimalist - wax seals can help tie all of those elements together to make your wedding memorable.
We did the research so you don't have to - I'll give you some tips and tricks on how to include wax seals in your wedding reception, wedding invitations, and more!
Things to Add Wax Seals To
- save the dates
- invitations (belly bands, vellum wraps, envelopes)
- programs (straight up just put it on there to embellish them)
- welcome gifts
- seating charts, escort cards
- menus, place settings
- wax seal desserts (order just a stamper through me!)
- thank you cards
Including wax seals in your invitations, save-the-dates, programs, menus, etc. elevates your wedding to the next level. The best thing about wax seals? They're customizable!
Designing Your Wax Seals
When buying your wax seals, you can make them your own with just a few design elements.
You can put your monogram on them, a floral or botanical design -- even your own custom design! Wax seals come in all sorts of colors, so you can match your wedding color palette perfectly.
Each wax seal comes with professional adhesive on there so they are easy to order in bulk and peel and stick onto anything you need.
Mailing Your Wax Seals
The question I get asked most often is this - how do I mail with my wax seals? I've got some tips and tricks to help make the mailing process a bit easier.
- use them on an inner envelope or pocket to add protection in the mail, rather than risking them to the elements on the outside
- wax seals are considered non-machineable, so there is often a charge for hand-canceling them
- it varies from one post office to the next, but absolutely check before you add postage
- the wax is specially formulated to tolerate the USPS sorting machines, so it won't bend or snap as it goes through them